Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"Because I'm the Mommy and I said so."

I swore I never would say this, but recently the number of "why, mommys" have made me crazy and made me say it a lot.  Not to mention, I've realized that going round and round with my child gets us nowhere.  In fact, the way we have gotten past one of her most recent testing phases was by going back to my gut feeling about being a mom.  That is take control of the situation and don't let her run the show.  Sometimes, that is really hard, but it has been paying off.  My point, never say never and always go with your gut...it's probably right.

Here are three generations and two mommys who have had to use this phrase, let the guilt go!

2 comments:

  1. Cute photo, miss u guys!
    Also "because I'm the mommy and I said so" works really well when they're older, and can think of a legitimate argument for anything you say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate that I've missed your blogs. Makes me miss you guys even more!

    This really is what works. Everything successful that I have done as a Mommy has stemmed, in some sense, from this phrase. Kids like to feel the confidence that you are doing what is right for them, even if they don't realize it at the time.

    ReplyDelete