Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Best friend or enemy? The mother-daughter relationship


Best friend or enemy? The mother-daughter relationship - Family and health: "With all due respect, I often compare the mother-daughter relationship to being on a roller coaster, the big, scary kind that you’re able to see from the next town over and whose passengers can be heard shrieking from miles away."

I just saw this on the Today show's Facebook page. It was of instant interest to me because yes, I have a daughter, and yes, I am petrified of the teen years already! In fact, the moment she was born (we didn't know if she was a boy or girl) I had flashes in my head of screaming matches with her 13 years later. Ugh! But it seems this book might just help us through it.
I read the article. It sounds like a great book. I think I will get it and let you guys know what I think of it. The first sentence (above) really nailed it for me, so if this author sticks to his promise, Sydney and I might actually like each other still in 20 years. I guess we'll have to see. In the meantime, check it out and let me know what you think. For those of you with sons, I think some of this will apply, as setting up two chairs (figuratively or physically) next to each other and just talking might work for you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment